Seat Ibiza Intermittent starting problem

Dear people,

Girlfriend's Seat Ibiza, petrol,1995. Engine starts, runs then dies immediately and won't start again. AA Home start attended and it started and ran with no probs. Did all his standard diagnostic checks and couldn't find a fault. Next day, repeat of original symptoms. Frightened now of conking out because have lost confidence.

I had similar symptoms with a Mk 2 Escort. AA narrowed it down to distributor or electronic ignition amplifier module. I chose to go for the module and it did the trick, until the whole car gave up the ghost for completely different reasons.

I have seen various posts on other forums that point a rather uncertain finger at the ignition coil. The Seat has fuel injection with electronic engine management. Don't fancy replacing THAT sort of stuff without a positive diagnosis. Please, can anybody shed any light on this because I can't afford to get her a new car.

Straw-clutching Roger

Reply to
Roger

Fuel pump relay is your first port of call.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

try

maybe?

Reply to
Yanislav

Agreed.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

mk2 escort didn't have electronic ignition

seat: bad electrical connections

Reply to
MrCheerful