Seat Leon 1.9 TDI Blower fans problem - Need advice!

I have a Seat Leon 1.9 Tdi which is just 3 years old. As I have been working away for the last 20 months or so it hasn't been used but has been standing in the garage with the battery on trickle charge. The engine has been occasionally turned over, but thats about it.

When I came to use the car again, I noticed that the Air Con/Heater was'nt working. The display was showing that the blower was on but nothing was happening. I thought maybe that the Air Con needed re-gassing, which was done. But the dealer said that there seemed to be a problem with the blower not working, and I would have to book it in for a diagnostics session.

I have checked the fuses, which are all okay. I just wondered if anyone has any advice before i reluctantly pay over the odds prices to a SEAT dealer to look at it. I also wondered if there may be any connection with the car not being used for so long, as it was working perfectly fine when I left it originally.

Any advice wouyld be welcome!

Thankyou

Adrian

Reply to
ac0001

Are you getting any warning lights on the dashboard ? Why do you not try find someone with a VAGCOM in your area to read the diagnostic code for you and at least you will have an idea what the problem is. First thing check the fuses, might be something simple.Also try one of the forums , they might be able to help you out,

is a good starting point.

Reply to
Traveller_of_life

it might be that the fan has seized up

Reply to
mrcheerful

If it's just three years old I would be trying for an under warranty repair or hefty contribution from Seat. I am assuming that the car is UK sourced with 3 year warranty and been serviced according to the book. Either way, you'll get more chance of recompense by using the main dealer.

Reply to
Doctor D

Presumably the service interval is xx,000 miles, or every 12 months? If so the dealer may decline a warranty repair as the car has been standing unused for 20 months.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Many are now xx,000 miles or 24 months (Citroen, Peugeot, Renault certainly) don't know about Seat.

Reply to
Doctor D

A French car go 2 years without visiting a garage?

"I don't believe it!"

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

No, No warning lights on the Dashboard, The Air Conditioning display shows a picture of the fan, then the level setting goes up to max, then trys again and keeps trying. Obviously with no fans starting up at all! It's strange that the car has been standing for 20 months and was fine prior?? Thats why I think it could be something silly! I checked the fuses, but everything is fine there. Unfortunately my warranty is limited as I bought the car from a European dealer, in fact I think its expired now : ( I will have a look for someone with VAGCOM in my area, and I'll report back on the cause of the problem! This ones got me baffled anyway!!

Reply to
ac0001