Seat Leon Turbo fault.

My Seat Leon 1.9 tdi SE has a fault of some kind when I start up the car from cold it is fine until I reach about 70 mph the turbo cuts out and does not work until I switch the car off then its fine (as long as its warmed up), it only does it when starting from cold. if the engine is warm then no probs, but I not sure if it as actually the turbo that's faulty or something else to do with it. because when I switch the car off it resets the problem and works fine. any suggestions as to what it could be?

Thanks Keith

Reply to
Keith Hampson

The message from "Keith Hampson" contains these words:

How do you know?

Reply to
Guy King

because I feel it cut out and I have very little power from then on.

Reply to
Keith Hampson

Check the boost pressure sensor (in the trunking under the O/S/F wing), these are prone to getting moisture damaged.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

The message from "Keith Hampson" contains these words:

Just wondered how you know it's the turbocharger instead of, say, the MAF meter.

Reply to
Guy King

Highly unlikely to be a turbo fault. What makes you think the turbo is 'cutting out' (It's not possible for a turbo to cut out, it is a simply device consisting of 2 fans, the only way for it to 'cut out' would be for it to seize, which is not an on-off thing, once its seized, its seized)

Sounds like the injection is going into limp mode for some reason. Most likely a faulty sensor of some kind.

Reply to
SimonJ

I had a similar problem with my Fiat Bravo TD. This turned out to be the under bonnet sound proofing!!! At 60 - 70 mpg the sound proofing was being sucked down and over the air intake and starving the engine of air. Of course the garage that looked at it couldn't find the fault as they always looked at engines with the bonnet up!

Andy

Reply to
AndyP

Had it to seat today and they said it a faulty air flow meter and are replacing it.

Reply to
Keith Hampson