SEAT Toledo folding door mirrors

These have started to act up. It began with the mirror on the driver's door about three weeks ago. When I turn the knob to fold the mirrors, the driver's door mirror seems to take a while before it reacts. Then at the end of its travel it jerks about before coming to a stop. The same problem has now started with the nearside door mirror. I tried squirting WD40 into the gap under the folding part but this had no effect apart from running down the side of the door.

I took the car into my local garage where they inspected the mirrors. They reckon the mirrors will have to be replaced as there are not any servicable parts in them. They advised me to leave them until they finally pack up and then replace them. They gave me a rough estimate of the replacement cost - about £70 each!

I was surprised that they had never come across this problem before as it is a very reputable independent garage - the RAC send the cars they can't fix to them - and the part must also be used on a number of VW cars.

Can anybody help?

TIA

Bren

Reply to