Seicento antifreeze - red vs green

Comma site recommends:

*green* antifreeze for Seicento 1108 and *red* antifreeze for Seicento 1108 SX

My sisters Seicento 1108 SX has recently had its timing belt and water pump renewed and I see it has been filled with green antifreeze - contrary to the Comma recommendation.

Will this matter??

(Comma GREEN: Pure concentrate ethylene glycol, nitrite, amine and phosphate free. May be used in all petrol and diesel engines to provide Extralife 3-year Protection.

Comma RED Pure concentrate ethylene glycol, silicate free with Organic Acid Technology. May be used in all petrol and diesel engines to provide outstanding Longlife-5-year Protection.

Seicento Manual specifies: Inhibited mono ethylene glycol base antifreeze CUNANC956-16

It seems both colours match the first bit, but what about the CUNANC956-16?? What does this mean?)

Reply to
rainandsnow

It may not be Comma anti-freeze at all though. Mercedes anti-freeze is green too I believe. VW Longlife is red, but Toyota long life is green, with Red being the standard ordinary coolant.

The colour can vary depending on the maker, but as long as the one used matches the manufacturers requirements it will be fine.

If the wrong type has been used, it may still be fine, but should be changed when due. Confir with the garage.

Reply to
Elder

About 80% of the coolant I ever see is green. Recent Fords and VW's seem to use red or pink, but most other stuff seems to be green.

Reply to
Pete M

Good idea. I've rung the garage and the type used was "bog standard", so topping it up should be easy enough. Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to
rainandsnow

Hopefully, if they have done their job right you should need to top up.

Reply to
Elder

It has become necessary. Hopefully it is only due to improper bleeding and not a leek.

Reply to
rainandsnow

Do Fiats often suffer from Welsh food in the heater system?

Reply to
Pete M

lol

Reply to