service interval Suzuki Swift

Anybody know the service items that are checked/replaced on a 3 year service interval

For a Suzuki Swift 1300cc (new shape)

I?ve been quoted £189.00 for this at a local dealership.

SB

Reply to
soundboy

No, but sounds very cheap to me. You should check in the handbook what should be done at the 3rd year service, and then with the dealer as to what they are going to do for the £189.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Hi Tim this is the Dealers price. Don't forget there will be an extra charge for the parts - they are charging £63 an hour. I'd say that was expensive.

SB

Reply to
soundboy
[...]
£63/hour is very reasonable for main dealer prices in the south east.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I'm in the north east - our wages dont match the South & South east i'm afraid.

SB

Reply to
soundboy

You probably don't get ripped off with such high prices for services though!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I suspect that my next £189 service would include a replacment handbook then - FOC.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

maybe your main dealer is better than mine.

sb

Reply to
soundboy

I worked in the garage trade (as a mechanic in my early days but got out cos I needed a mortgage) so I know when they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

I'm a little out of touch these days though, but still have all my marbles (I'm only still 44)

when the girl on reception (in the main dealers) was treating me like an imbecile today I was ready for her. (she was very rude - obviously the customer is always right wasn't in her temperament). She probably better with 20 years old lads.

SB

Reply to
soundboy

If they say the service is £189, when you go to pick it up, it'll be £189. There is no extra charge for 'parts' - oil filter/oil etc. That service price includes everything needed for the service, and as others have said, and I said in the other group this was posted in, that sounds reasonable. I just had my Clio in for it's first service, 2 years or 12k, £206. Price was quoted to me before hand as it has been for you. That included labour, oil filter, 5w40 fully synth oil etc.

Is it possible you may just be a little of touch, or inexperienced in using main dealers...?

Also, come on, they didn't lose your manual, they would have no reason to touch it seen as it's seperate from the service booklet, you just couldn't be arsed to go out to the car and look, don't be ashamed heh, I'd have probably done the same thing...

Reply to
DanB

I have three cars all different models - the manuals are kept - in a chest in my living room until I need them very very much in reach when I need them.

SB

Reply to
soundboy