Sierra Brake Problem

Recently after about an hours driving in my Sierra XR4x4 I noticed the brake warning light come on and when I tested the brakes they were very spongy. I stopped at the next garage and when I checked the brake fluid instead of being between min & max it was way up close to the filler cap. Obviously I had got a lot of air in the system somehow. I drove home very slowly with the warning light on all the time. When I got home I left it for a couple of hours and then when I checked the fluid level was back to normal and the warning light didn't come on. It's been ok ever since although I haven't been very far in it.

Just wondered what could have caused this problem and should I be concerned about it?

Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

The level should be checked with engine running IIRC The warning light can come on for loads of reasons including low power assistance. I doubt whether it was a case of air in the system, unless the fluid is very old and you had been making many hard stops, which can cause old fluid to boil.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful