Skoda clutch problem

Patient is a Skoda 120 (Estelle) L 1988. The clutch line has air in it and ofcourse it absolutely will not release. I have tried to air the line, but have not managed to do any good. Is there some special way to air the Skoda clutchline? Has anybody got previous experiences on how the air usually gets into the clutclines and how to prevent it if possible?

Any tips and suggestions are very wellcome!

Jussi

Tampere, Finland

Reply to
Jussi

Remove the clutch from the skoda, then throw the skoda away.

Reply to
Richard

The likely way is a faulty cylinder either master or slave drawing air in when the clutch is operated. First find the faulty part then bleed. A very successful way to bleed all air from the system is to arrange a way to very lightly pressurise the full master cylinder (only a few pounds per sq. inch) Then open the bleed nipple and the air will be pushed out along with fluid.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Here is the tip that did the trick. I went and got a clean drip pan and filled it with brake fluid. Then I attached short length of clear plastic tube (5 mm in diameter to fit the bleed nipple) at the nose of the drip pan. Opened then bleed nipple and pumped the fluid up to master cylinder and the fluid cup with the drip pan. This tip was told to me by a mechanic that had long (and must assume painfull) experience with old Skodas. Oh, and I bought a new master cylinder also, just to be on the safe side.

Jussi and a Working Skoda

"MrCheerful" kirjoitti viestissä news:pHnwb.9609$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net...

Reply to
Jussi

Here is the tip that did the trick. I went and got a clean drip pan and filled it with brake fluid. Then I attached short length of clear plastic tube (5 mm in diameter to fit the bleed nipple) at the nose of the drip pan. Opened then bleed nipple and pumped the fluid up to master cylinder and the fluid cup with the drip pan. This tip was told to me by a mechanic that had long (and must assume painfull) experience with old Skodas. Oh, and I bought a new master cylinder also, just to be on the safe side.

Jussi and a Working Skoda

"MrCheerful" kirjoitti viestissä news:pHnwb.9609$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net...

Reply to
Jussi

...and exchange "drip pan" with "oil can"

"Jussi" kirjoitti viestissä news:bq1nb0$clq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.cc.tut.fi...

I don't know what I was thinking there...

Reply to
Jussi