Skoda favorit engine mounting

Hi,Any one know how to mount an engine in a skoda favorit.

I have noticed that the bracket bolt holes are of a much greater diamiter than the bolts that go through them,allowing for some adjusting of the mounting postion of the brackets to the body of the car,does anyone know if the engine should be mounted tight back/forth or if it should find its own setting throgh a loose moving of the engine.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jhon smith

The Haynes Book of Lies say to refit the left and right mount through-bolts finger tight then refit the rear mounting connecting rod, tightening it securely, then rock the engine/transmission to settle the mounting rubbers before tightening the through-bolts to spec.

HTH

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Yes,you are right,but the book referes to attaching the mounting to the brackets,not the brackets to the body,I could not find any thing in the manual about the brackets.

Reply to
Jhon smith

Ah yes, you're right. Sorry, can't help any more with that. I think I'd locate them as centrally as possible, though why they made the holes so much bigger than the bolts I couldn't say.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Ok,thanks very much for your help anyway.

Reply to
Jhon smith