Skoda Felicia tailgate compatibility

Anyone know whether the tailgates of the Skoda Felicia estate and saloon are identical? Mine (1998 1.9D estate) has developed a nasty rust patch around the rear windscreen and there's no way it's going to fill happily. (I'm sh*te at filling and spraying anyway.) Saloons are reasonably common in scrappies, estates less so, and I don't want to go buying a scrap tailgate off a saloon then finding it won't fit.

Reply to
Nick Dobb

Look at the shape of an estate.

Look at the shape of the saloon.

Now ask yourself the question again.

FFS.

Reply to
SteveH

Actually, there never was a Felicia saloon, that's a hatch you're thinking of.

Reply to
SteveH

And yes they look pretty much identical but I've had it suggested to me in the past that they're not identical, so rather than rely on a cursory visual inspection I thought I would see if I could find anyone who knew what the f*** they were talking about. No luck so far. :-)

True. Hatch, saloon, whatever. :-)

Reply to
Nick Dobb

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, Steve... look at the Favorit/Felicia estate and hatch - they're VERY similar. It's not as silly a question as it might sound.

Reply to
Adrian

Butt's catalogue (download from

does not list separate parts for the estate and hatch, which suggests that they are common. You could try ringing them (01302 719481) to check if you want...

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches