Skoda Felicia wheel arch rust

Hi,

My wife has an R plate Skoda Felicia that has started to show rust on the wheel arch lip.

The lip folds inward and on the inside edge of the lip the paint appears to have a crack running the full length of the arches. This has resulted in the paint to bubbling up in a couple of rust spots, presumably due to water penetrating at one or two points through the crack.

Plan is to chip of the paint from the face of the lip where it's visible and use a rust converter.

Is there anything I can apply along the full length of the inner edge of the lip - some white underbody sealant to kill any rust and stop any more moisture getting to the metal? I don't really want to take all the paint off the inside of the arch. As I said it's only one or two smallish rust points at the moment. It's been years since I had to do this sort of thing to a car.

Cheers,

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Evans

You could look at Por15 on the stripped back rust, then a base coat and paint followed by an underbody wax like Waxoyl or by preference Dinitrol. Also some greases are available as a thicker but softer alternative to the waxes but they are normally used to flood body cavities.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2