Skoda Octavia Timing Belt Renewal Cost

Hi Folks I have just been quoted approx £500 to change my timing belt on my Skoda Octavia (due at next service 60,000 miles) from my local Skoda dealer. Is there anywhere else that I can get this done cheaper? It seems really steep to me. Thanks Fred

Reply to
freddyboy

Assuming it's out of warranty then almost anywhere will do it for less than that.

Reply to
DuncanWood

AFAIK the Octavia has the same belt replacement procedure as the Passat, which is to say the front bumper has to come off along with the radiator.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

That sounds indeed expensive. Have you asked around on

? I think my dealer charges somewhere between£300-£400.

Q.

Reply to
Quinten Uijldert

Brilliant design. One more reason to avoid any car with those silly rubber bands.

I'd have no objection if they made them easy to replace, but since they don't I'll never buy a car with one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not that I'm disputing the bumper needing removal - but isn't the engine mounted longitudinally in the Passat, but transverse in the Octavia?

Although much the same engines are used in both, I would expect the Superb to have the more similar procedure, and the Octavia to have a similar procedure to the Bora.

Reply to
__ __

Takes me about 10 minutes on my car :-)

Reply to
DuncanWood

Thanks Quinten I will sign up at briskoda and ask around-I sure ain't paying £500 just to get a cambelt renewed! Fred

Reply to
freddyboy