Smell of diesel

Every morning there is a strong smell of diesel in my car (before I start it). I've checked the car, as has a mechanic and there does not appear to be an obvious leak. Any ideas where the smell could be coming from? I recently had the fuel filter changed and over the past month, added Forte diesel treat twice.Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks,

Reply to
Confused

Sell it to dervy, he'll take it as is...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

hmm... have you tried putting some newspaper under the car to see if any fuel is leaking out ? .. stupid question, but I don't suppose you have any cans in the boot do you !

Si

Reply to
mr p

LOL!

Reply to
DervMan

"Confused" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I recently had to prime the fuel filter in my ZX to get it to run after 6 months off road. I spilt diesel everywhere doing it, and the car reeked of it for a good while after. Mebbe I should have washed the engine bay, but it's gone now.

Reply to
Tunku