Solenoid on VW Caddy rear door lock (and the 2 second rule)

2001 Vw Caddy with optional factory fitted remote locking (extra 300UKP) if I make make the mistake of pressing unlock on key to get into rear of my van and then lift the handle within 2 seconds (not entirely unreasonable in 2006 I feel) I am permanently locked out of the rear of the vehicle.

Any ideas on avoiding blood pressure problems at VW dealer by fixing it myself (or learning 12345678910 open door now!).

Thanks.

J Le Second

ps in other words I am beating the solenoid to it!

Reply to
J A Sims