SORN

Why can I tax a car before the end of the the month, but the SORN service dates a re-SORN'd vechicle to the start of the month you call them? ( Automated service )

ie - I just SORN'd my restoration project for 11 months

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

So you forget to renew it next year and they can fine you

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've been caught that way before and as a result the diary on my PDA now has alarms set for every day of the last week of this month saying "SORNs due!".

But to my surprise I got home today to find a whole wad of reminder notices for my SORNed cars. Things may be getting better!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Trouble is, DVLA send out SORN reminders a couple of weeks before you are allowed to declare SORN via their website. So you put them on one side and then forget about them.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke