Spare Power Connector Around Centre Console In Mk3 Mondeo

I want to install my Nokia Hands Free Kit into my Mk3 Mondeo but I need to pick up 12v from somewhere around the glovebox/centre console area. I want to avoid breaking into the cigarette lighter line if possible. The wiring diagrams aren't much use in identifying spare connectors that are sometimes in the wiring loom (for higher spec model/certain options) but not used on my LX model. Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Reply to
zx9r999

not be dependant on the ignition. This on my car comes from a fused lead direct from the battery, fuses and wire are part of the kit. The second connection comes from the power feed to the car audio (the one that is active when the ignition is on) I think that this is to do with the audio mute function.

Apparently if you connect the main feed to a circuit which comes on when the ignition is switched on it can drain the phone battery when the car is started (of course only when the phone is in the holder)

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Other way round gov, it's designed to stop the car kit draining the vehicles battery by only powering it up when there's power to th estereo.

Reply to
DuncanWood

Sorry yes you are correct, the ignition activated live (the blue wire) when ignition is off, deactivates the transceiver after 20 seconds

Tony

Tony

Reply to
TMC