Spark plug leads for 1989 Sierra Pinto

I need to get a set of plug leads for a 1989 Sierra Pinto - Ford do not seem to have the anymore. Does any body know where I might get a set?

Reply to
Gaff

In news:3wKZc.26401$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie, Gaff decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Any motor factors on the face of the planet.

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

You'd even find them in Halfords. Shocking, I know ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

only if they are not well insulated.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

If the OE manufacturer like Ford no longer make a part then no one else is allowed to under EEC law so when it stops running you'll have to scrap it. That's why you never see a Ford Sierra on the roads anymore. Ever. Honest. Well, maybe a few where the owners have Macgyvered HT leads out of Kitkat wrappers and sticky black plastic and kept them running. But that's illegal too and won't pass an MOT test so their time is running out.

Reply to
Dave Baker

You must be blind, there are loads of sierras still about. You also know nothing about Law!!!

Reply to
jqo

Whoosh!!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Maybe in the land of Milk and Honey you live in, but over here in the west of Ireland they do not.

Reply to
Gaff

What about all the sierra based kits out ther (one of which is mine) surely there are options. What about classic cars, are you saying that all the MG's, E-types, MKII Escorts should not be on the road? Maybe I am missing something.

Reply to
Gaff

I think Mr Puma Racing is having a joke. It is quite difficult to tell though.

Mike

Reply to
MSC

MSC ( snipped-for-privacy@spam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

He is. But it's not a scenario that's very far off.

Reply to
Adrian

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember MSC saying something like:

It might be a joke now.. but just you wait. If Ford, GM, Renault and all the others had thier way you wouldn't be able to buy any pattern parts at all.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Gaff" saying something like:

I'd bet Walsh's in Kilkenny can send you a set...

056 772 2810
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

true but i think you needed to put a little smiley at the end of that post dave ;)

Reply to
dojj

Are they something special? Solid gold?

Any plug leads that reach from the dizzy to plugs will be fine. You can also cut over long ones to length, with care.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Smileys can be the equivalent of a 'boom boom'.

More fun to leave them guessing - sorts out the sheep from the lambs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Humour is nothing without some subtlety. If I'd wanted to cater to the lowest common denominator I could just have ended it with "THIS IS A JOKE FOR GOD'S SAKE ALL YOU FUCKWITS WHO BELIEVED IT".

As I posted in rec.autos.sport.f1 recently

The trouble with most American comedy shows is their need to cater to the lowest common demoninator and in America, given the failings in the education system there, that's pretty low. There's nothing more annoying than having to endure one of the characters in a program saying something pithy, witty or using words of longer than 3 syllables and then having the ploy of another character explain or reiterate it again immediately afterwards in simple terms so the uneducated hicks living on trailer parks in the deep south can understand it. You can almost visualize the script writers working through the material and trying to decide which bits are 'too' clever and need dumbing down for the average viewer to keep the ratings up.

Anyway I put a "Never. Honest." in there in the middle as a signal to the hard of thinking which was more than I originally intended to as I wrote it. Seems it wasn't enough for some though. Clearly there are lots of Sierras still out there. There's even one on my own drive.

And to the OP. Next time you have a car parts question go and ask your great aunt Agatha. Now I know she's 89, almost blind with cataracts and knows next to nothing about cars but at least she'll still have the wit to find the local motor parts factor in the Yellow Pages.

Reply to
Dave Baker

i don't understand can you explain it to me in words of less than 3 sylabals please :)

Reply to
dojj

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Great - so we'll only have counterfeit cardboard lining type brake parts available. Good move, EU.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Hey - it's good enough for the aviation parts market...

Reply to
Adrian