Spark plug removal

Got a bit of a problem. I have to use a extension bar and plug socket to remove my spark plugs as they are burried a bit deep into the block problem being once I nip them up and try and remove the extension the socket stays on the plug! I can manage to fish it out using all kind of stupidity lol but am wondering there has to be a more professional approach ?

Its a new spark plug socket which has a rubber boot in it to hold onto the plug.

Advice welcomed.

Reply to
James

Vaseline.

Reply to
reg

Surely not good to allow anything onto the insulator as it will attract grime - and become a source of tracking.

Reply to
John

A little smear of washing up liquid on the rubber insert. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You need a new extension bar. The (formerly) spring-loaded ball in the end is not gripping the socket.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Find a *Locking* extension bar , unlike the spring loaded type you cant remove a socket without pushing a pin or something.

Fred