Spark plugs

Whats the difference between 1 post and 4 post spark plugs ?

Noticed 2 different types for my car which I won't add here as I've asked so many questions about :)

But wondered which is best, guessing 4 posta s it costs more. Standard bosch ones are 1 post and £2.10 each and the same bosch ones but 4 pole are £3.96

I guess whilst here does anyone know what size spark plug socket is required for the 04 focus 1.8 petrol to remove them. I gather they are under those black patches/coil packs deep down so extension bar maybe needed I guess ?

Reply to
IanFord

buy genuine plugs for it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I've always used bosch plugs with no issue on my previous car a mk4 golf I had no issues. What benefit does using genuine plugs for it offer ?

I hope that doesn't sound narky its not mean't to just wondering really ?

Reply to
IanFord

I ask mainly as I have a 30% discount coupon for Euro car parts :)

Reply to
IanFord

You know they meet the correct specs , run at the right temp will be matched with the coil packs .

Reply to
steve robinson

Do you think that Euro offered the 30% discount in order to ensure that you bought the correct plugs?

Reply to
krak

The ignition system on Fords since the late 80's has been so violent that using an incorrect part particularly plugs or leads is very likely to cause other parts to fail, notably the coil pack or the ECU. You do not want this to happen. genuine plugs last a very long time without problems. Genuine leads should really be changed every 40k to be safe.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

As Mr C says, use genuine Ford plugs and leads; change them both at 40k miles.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

With the plugs and especially leads, use ONLY the genuine article. You'll be back on here with a "Focus stutter at around 2000rpm only when hot" post if you dont!!!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Do you think that Euro offered the 30% discount in order to ensure that you bought the correct plugs?

I bought a ton of parts from ECP with that offer and every part was exactly correct and well packaged. So I got the correct parts, all fitted and working wonderfully and saved 30%.

Reply to
Pete

Go Chinese

I just like the production methods :)

Rob

Why not! Making spark plugs isn't exactly rocket surgery, is it?

Reply to
The Revd