Speedometer and Tachometer ; Not working periodically

Both the Speedometer and Tachometer do not work ..no reading on the speedo , but the tach vibrates at zero , but every once in a while they do work? So they are not broken, I've checked connections and I now have the cluster out to have a look at it, I heard that it could be a faulty ground on the ignition? Any Suggestions or tips would be appreciated!

Chris

Reply to
chrisbeks

Oh you want suggestions and tips eh? Here's one - does it not even remotely occur to you that posting the make and model of vehicle might help us just a teensy weensy bit?

Reply to
Dave Baker

Electronic instruments usually have a live, ground, and data feed. The first two should be easy enough to check. If you suspect a ground simply provide a temporary good one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Baker" wrote in news:edvi22$mkl$ snipped-for-privacy@news.datemas.de:

Don't be silly Dave, all cars are the same :-)

Reply to
Tunku