Spotted a cheap trolley jack for anyone after on

As subject, spotted this advertised and thought someone in here might benefit from it.

I bought one last year from halfords, the 2 tonn one which is decent enough for what I need it for.

Reply to
James

When mine died, I got a couple of, how can I say, slightly more professional jacks from ebay. One is about 4 feet long and the "small" one about 2 1/2 feet :-)

Reply to
adder1969

Not having a garage or even off road parking mine has to live in the cellar, so has to be small and portable. I'd love a lightweight alloy one. Can't fault my Halfords one, though, bought many years ago - still works fine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Same here. With its plastic case it's tidy enough to keep in the boot, yet is still strong enough to cope with everything I throw at it.

Mind you, the high-lift jack I bought for the Land Rover is fun, though potentially lethal.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

They also have on offer some cheap axle stands and wheel chocks (£5.99 for both).

Reply to
diy-newby

Shame, won't go low enough for my purposes (classic Mini). Still, the Clarke is only about £16 at Machine Mart and that will go low enough.

Reply to
asahartz

I did notice those stands afterwards. I have some draper ratchet style ones which are adequate for what I use them for.

I also have the yellow 2t jack with a case, pretty decent I might add and does what it says on the tin :) ... although sometimes I feel like the stick to jack it up is going to break :-s ... feels weak to me. Anyone else notice that or am I ham fisted lol.

Reply to
James

I had a feiend who has a mini he used a scissor jack ... horrible device and then as soon as thats high enough switches over to the trolley. Bit long winded but there you go.

Reply to
James

Which one is that? Is that their long-reach one that goes down to 125mm good enough? I could do with one for working on my Mini(s)...

Reply to
Tim Vincent

IMO the saddle on these is a bit small. Cheap though.

Reply to
Doki

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I've got one of the cheapo Halfords ones in the garage at home. Does the job just dandy and as someone else said, when it's in the case it's not too shabby to carry in the boot.

Reply to
Pete M

I was thinking of the CTJ2, but checking the specs that only goes as low as the Aldi one - yet the one I had (before I killed it!) would go under my Minis just fine, and I have a '67 auto on hydro that sits _really_ low at the front.

Maybe I'll take another look in Aldi tomorrow...

Reply to
asahartz