Spraying Car on the Drive

Not talking about all the disadvantages of trying to spray a car on the drive but I have been told that I shuold be careful as apparently it is against the law!

Is this true? I mean I trust the source, I was just shocked to hear it. I can see why, nasty fumes/paint in the air being blown around. How serious is this or do many people just do it anyway?

I was thinking of putting a gazebo (sp?) up around the car anyway.

Thanks for advice.

Jon

Reply to
JonnyBoy

People do it anyway although the result will be a dust impregnated pile of s**te.

Reply to
Conor

The message from Conor contains these words:

Not if it's raining at the time!

Reply to
Guy King

No, it's not true, it's rubbish. However, if spray drift gets onto someone else's stuff, you may be in trouble. You're likely to get bits of grot in your paint, though. Leave the lot to dry before removing flies etc.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

If you could get a smooth finish, the "raindrop" effect would look well cool with a careful choice of colour.

Reply to
Conor

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris Bacon saying something like:

And if you pick the wrong day - brightish, windless, no dust and otherwise perfect for laying on some paint - you'll find that every small flying insect in the surrounding 10miles will discover your car.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

There's bound to be an EU regulation!

Reply to