Squeak Squeak

For the last couple of thousand miles my Rover 45 TD has been making a squeaking sound (Like a bird tweet tweeting very fast) when on rough sections of motorway.I cannot tell if it's from front or back I can stop it by jinking the steering wheel slightly but it eventually comes back. I waas told at a garage that a wheel bearing rumbles when it's bust and to let it develop .Anyone any ideas ?

Reply to
Dr Wu

I had a squeak that had been annoying the crap out of me - it turned out to be the "plunger switch" for the alarm on the boot - a dab of vaseline later and we were both happy (!)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Rough sections of motorway; making car bounce a bit? Then it may be a rubber bush or damper which is wearing; if a bush the noise will abate for a while after it's rained, if it's a damper you may be able to reproduce noise by bouncing car.

Reply to
Steptoe

It might be a brake disc squeak. Jinking the steering wheel might cause the disc to wobble slightly (if the wheel bearings are slightly loose) and push the pads into the callipers and temporarily clear the disc.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Reply to