Squeaky Windscreen wiper

Hi All,

I have a Nissan Primera 2.0SLX '97 P plate. The drivers side windscreen wiper has started squeaking in a way that makes you pray it never rains. I thought it might have just been the blades but its not them, not sure what else it could be. Ive sprayed loads of WD40 on them hoping that would cure it but alas no luck. If I pull the wiper 4wrd (as if I was cleaning the window) and then operate the wiper there is no squeak, it only seems to squeak under load. Any ideas what it could be? Is there is anything I could do temporarily to prevent it from happening, im driving to B'ham today and it always rains when I'm on my way there for some reason and it will drive me insane if I have to listen to that all the way there :) (I cant wait for all them replies saying dont use the windscreen wipers that will prevent it :)).

All the best. Mikedmc.

Reply to
Mikedmc

Greasy windscreen ?. Been under any trees lately ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Is it noisy in both directions ?

Andy Pandy To e-mail, address hopefully, self-explanatory !

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Or the WD40 he's been spraying on it :)...

Reply to
Doki

Try cleaning the windscreen and wipers. The autoglym glass polish seems ok. Or just get a load of isopropyl alcohol and clean it with that. There's some sort of guff on your windscreen (silicone? stuff from the wd40? tree sap?).

Reply to
Doki

Ive sprayed loads of WD40 on them hoping that would cure

WD40 on the rubbber? Not a goodidea. Replace the blades and deep clean the screen. If new blades don't cure it, try levering the wiper arm to ensure it sits parallel to the glass. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

I presume you mean the bearing is squeaking. They are commonly a metal shaft in a nylon sleeve so you don't use WD40 as it can make the nylon swell, a silicone based lubricant would be better but how you get it in there, that's the problem.

Reply to
Steve B

Apologises for not replying earlier, I went away Friday and only just got back. Yes it is noisy in both directions. I'm pretty sure it's not the blades squeaking against the window. I believe it is definitely the mechanism but not sure what.

All the best. Mikedmc.

Reply to
Mikedmc