SRS Warning Lamp 1999 Honda Accord 2.0ES Auto Saloon

My SRS Lamp came on yesterday, does anyone know whether this signals a big bill, are there any brief checks anyone knows about? My MOT is due next month, does this mean an automatic fail?

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Ed

Possibly, Not me, No.

Reply to
Jimmy

Ed ( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Seatbelt pretensioner wiring.

No.

Reply to
Adrian

There aren't any quick checks or resets for these, you have to plug into a tester. Check your battery voltage first, these are prone to picking up a low voltage to the ECU error code if the battery is getting tired.

Hondas are also prone to picking up errors when hitting speed humps too.

9/10 of the one's we see just need a reset.

If you're in the North East, come and see me :-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

You sure? I'd have thought an SRS warning light was an instant fail bicbw.

Regardless, most airbag warning lights are triggered by the seatbelt pre-tensioner wiring which is usually situated under the front seats. Quite easy for these wires to get kicked / knocked by a loose tin of beans or something. :) Look for wiring under the seats and check all is connected properly.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave ( snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yes.

Airbags/pretensioners/warning lights aren't testable at all.

Adrian