SRS warning light

I've just acquired a Proton Persona LXI 1996 vintage in decent nick, 89K on the clock. The only problem I can find is that the SRS warning light comes on every few seconds. Anyone have any idea as to where I should start looking for a fault? If I can't find the fault is it likely to result in a MOT failure? Regards, Iain

Reply to
swarfmaker

No its not an MOT failure. Areas to look at first IME (not with this car) are seatbelt pretensioner connectors.

Coyoteboy

Thanks for that.

Iain

Reply to
swarfmaker

I think it actually is an MOT failure (assuming the light comes on during the test) as it means somepart of the airbag or seatbelty type bits is broken.

Reply to
DanTXD

I don't think it is - my airbag warning light has been on for at least the past two tests.

Reply to
Halmyre

It is not part of the test - seatbelts are the only item tested - airbags are supplemental and optional and therefore not required to be functional.

Coyoteboy

Your logic is confusing. It is not a part of the MOT test because it is not a testable item. The fact that it indicates that some untested item is broken is irrelevant.

Reply to
David Taylor