Starting problem motor turns then dies.

Hi I'm trying to start a car that's been stood for a while. When trying to start from both a known good battery and a jump start the starter\turns for a few seconds and grinds to a halt, this can be repeated after waiting 30 seconds but the car will not fire up.

I'm wondering if the starter motor has had it and is drawing too much current.

Any thoughts?

Phil

Reply to
phil

On my Capri, it was the starter motor. Fitted a recon and it's a completely different beast.

I assume all the earths, particularly the main one from the battery to the body and the body to the engine are good and clean?

Reply to
Conor

I had that on a nissan starter, the rotor was touching the sides, new bearings/bushes fixed it. when the starter was off on the bench the fault was obvious, instead of a nice free spin when powered, it just turned a bit while growling.

Reply to
Mrcheerful