starting problem with Focus 2.0Ghia w reg

Often - 3 or 4 times a day, maybe - will not start 1st time. Always starts second time. Ford dealer unable to find fault! Any ideas?

Reply to
roland

In message , roland writes

Try turning the key to the position where the dash lights come on and then wait 3-4 seconds before turning the engine over to start. Its been said that some Foci lose fuel pressure and the 3-4 seconds give the pump a chance to restore the pressure. I don't know how true it is but its worth trying it for fault diagnosis reasons.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Occasionally happens with mine- 1st turn the engine wont start nop matter how long you crank it for. It always fires straight away on the 2nd attempt though.

I've never bothered to have it looked into, as its very infrequent.

Tim

00 1.8 Zetec.
Reply to
Tim..