statistical distrubution mileage vs age?

Different if kids are involved?

The above example suggests there were not.

But I do know a couple of no longer young women who were 'exchanged' for a newer model after bringing up the kids etc and didn't do well out of it. Might depend on how good a solicitor you have. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

The marriage laws state that it starts with a division of 50/50 of the matrimonial assets. And then it's argued one way or the other.

When your wife is young and you have a couple of children invariably she takes the house the children and you have to support her and them. Your bloody penniless and then have to slum it in your dingy bedsit whilst paying her mortgage.

She could have had an affair with an unemployed layabout and now he's sharing your bed with her. The concept is that no ones to blame for the marriage break up...

Justice?, I think not:(.....

Reply to
tony sayer

They're his children too. What's the next best alternative, do you think?

Reply to
RJH

Yes they are but it does seem that the now ex wife always has the upper hand with access rights.

It does seem its swung way to far to the wife's side.

It's getting to be a form of legalised robbery...

Reply to
tony sayer

A while back there were radio lawyer advertisements on my car radio (to keep it on topic :) suggesting that divorce was the natural next step in life; subtly suggesting that this was the smart move by the modern streetwise woman. The never ending inventions of the law industry. I was of course quite appauled by this.

Reply to
johannes

This book is online, here and there as a PDF. Makes very interesting reading and it goes a long way to explain the point you've raised above;!....

tony sayer

:)

You know who I'm talking about, that obnoxious woman who came out of court and shouted to the media: "I got 24". And that was the end of her sentence. Not even bothering adding the 6 zeroes. Some people live in a different world...

Reply to
johannes