Steaming up windows and polish

Newly acquired motor has been tarted up with some nasty slippery 'silicone' polish inside the cabin.

The windows steam up on the inside incredibly quickly, which I put down to this awful polish.

Any suggestions on how best to treat the inside of these windows please?

Reply to
john east

I would look to whether it has a clogged pollen filter first.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Or damp..

Reply to
Nige

Or even the passenger compartment Recirculating Air switch is 'off' when the A/C (if fitted) [1] is not running - that being 'on' without the A/c caused the windows in my last two cars to mist up rather quickly and took me ages to work out why.

[1] And it may be fitted even if air conditioning system is not - as per an old Rover 416Gsi that I once owned.
Reply to
Unbeliever

They may have steam cleaned the carpets and seats?

I'd clean the windscreen with Autoglym window cleaner

Reply to
TTT

Is it steaming - or is it a film due to the solvents in the polish and plastics condensing on the glass?

Reply to
DerbyBoy