steering column

Overzealous MOT guy just failed my GCS Hawke kit-car for a wobbly top end steering column.It is a shortened Cortina column. I guess this means the bearing/bush is worn? Local supplier says they are "no longer listed" . Someone at Stoneleigh was actually discussing these items, apparantely they are just a cheap and nasty Nylon bush type affair?? - and said that they think a MK1 Sierra uses the same bearing. Anyone verify this as I am more likely to get one of those than the cortina one. I havent removed the column yet (Presume it has to actually come out and be dismantled to change the bearing)and wondered what sort of job it is gonna be.Any special tools/fittings etc reqd? Any help at all appreciated. TYIA

Reply to
Timbo

bulkhead bush? piece of piss mate about £3 from ford for all 4 parts if it's the same thing that is

Reply to
dojj