Stering rack for passat... where can I get one???? Thanks...

Hello everybody. Just need to get my hands on a steering rack for a passat 1.8 non turbo 20V petrol from 1997. It must be a reconditioned unit due to the price the main dealer is asking for a new part being to damm expensive (£345,00 + VAT). Anyone know where to get one from? Cheers, Carlos

Reply to
Carlos Arruda

they changed in 97 so it could be 110 pounds or 140 from buypartsby, link is here:

you may need to copy and paste two or more bits, depending on browser or gsf euro list them, but more expensive

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Hello. Actually I've stumbled in that webpage already, just can't get any e-mail repply from them as the part number provided by VW main dealer is (8DZ 422

052AX) and it doesn's match to those mentioned in the website. Thanks Carlos
Reply to
Carlos Arruda

Have you tried

and
have steering racks in stock. You'd have to check it is your modelsthough.

Reply to
Howdy