Sticking accelerator pedal

H Reg Clio, Mark 1 80,000 on clock.

Thanks to all your replies to my previous posts, but now I have a new problem.

Have just noticed it today, my accelerator pedal feels as though it is sticking when I bring the clutch up. As far as I could tell driving to work this morning, it happens around the bite point. Also happens with the engine off. Don't think the problem exists when the clutch goes down, only up.

Past this point its travel feels normal.

thank you,

/Heds

Hedley Phillips NRICH Online Maths Project Cambridge University Benet Place Lensfield Road

Reply to
Hedley Phillips

Is the pedal actually sticking or are revs increasing as you bring the clutch to bite? Might be the ECU doing some emissions fiddling or something. I know in my car you can gently declutch and the ECU will increase fuelling to keep the engine running, even up gradients.

Reply to
Doki

Frayed or kinked accelerator cable maybe?

Unhook it from the throttle linkage and pedal, and pull it by hand to see if it moves freely. (I am assuming this car has a conventional accelerator cable, not electronic rev-by-wire :))

Rich

Reply to
Rich Russell

Thanks for both your suggestions.

The pedal was just sticking, no increase in revs.

I managed to 'fix' the problem by just wiggling the clutch & accelerator cables. I will though try pulling it by hand at a later date as I need to fit some new pedals soon.

thanks,

/Heds

Reply to
Hedley Phillips