suzuki alto brake light

The passenger side brake light on my girlfriends Alto does not work. It is not the bulb at fault. I have swapped over the complete rear light unit with the other side and it still does not work. Vice versa is fine.

So the problem is further up the chain. It is unlikely to be the brake light switch as the drivers side and the high level brake light work fine. After leaving the rear light cluster the wiring disappears somewhere I cannot find easily.

Haynes do not make a manual for the Alto so I have no wiring diagram. Does anyone have any bright ideas, or am I going to have to hand it over to a garage?

Many thanks, Carl.

Reply to
Carl Beddows

If you have a tow bar then the wiring attachment to that is a good first place to look.

Since the others work ok then the break must be between a known working point and the dead lamp, it is quite common nowadays to just add an extra wire from the good side to the other side, rather than go the expense of stripping out panelling etc to get at the wiring. In the case of brake lights though, the wiring comes from the front of the car to the rear and then splits to each of the three lamps, so is quite easy to find and check out.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful