Switch Problems or Wot ?

1999 Vectra 1.8 LS Petrol. There are two switches on the dashboard for the air conditioning. Both switches fail to light up when depressed. I am aware that one switch can fail, just like that, but why should both fail at the same time. Are these switches linked to fuses by any chance ?
Reply to
ramjaminn1

Yes, and the air con relay(s). And pressure switches which will stop it working if the gas pressure is low.

Was it working OK up until the point it stopped?

Reply to
Mark W

In message , Mark W writes

Thanks for your very well considered and professional advice. I think it is related to the air conditioning -low pressure in some way or the other

Reply to
ramjaminn1

In message , Mark W writes

Mark to follow on from this- I had my air con. system refilled about 18 months ago with that yellow dye injected into the system. I have not used it over the winter which I am told one always needs to do to keep the system moving. I only turned on the switches the other day- first time for many months and they did not light up.

After your response I used a UV light with the yellow goggles to check all the pipes and I cannot say I saw yellow dye on any of the pipes. Which fuses control the system. ? What is the air con. relay system and where will I find it. ?

Reply to
ramjaminn1