The headlights on my modus now come on and cannot be turned off

The headlights on my modus (year 2011) now come on as soon as the ignition is turned on and there is no way to out them.

It started a few days ago as an intermittent fault when they just started randomly turning themselves on. At first turning the light switch to the on position and then back to off would turn them back off for a while.

Then using the indicators started turning the headlights on, and now the come on with the ignition but cannot be turned off without turning the ignition off, so effectively they are always on.

Any idea what the cause of this may be and how to fix it ?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
osprey

"osprey" wrote in message news:8ce46$55316a78$41b57997$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

It could be a bad earth connection, with other circuits back-feeding the headlights.

Reply to
Phi