This weekend i'll mostly be playing with my fluids

Evening all

What's the best and easiest way to drain the coolant from a mk3 Golf. I've been meaning to change the coolant for a while now but with one thing or another it's never happened. I would also like to do an oil change, and don't laugh as to date i've left it up to my garage but i think i need to try and do one myself (you know oil up the sleeve, what fun).

Any tips would be a great help.

Cheers all

Antony

Reply to
Dr Gonzo

No idea, my old Volvo 740 did 340,000 on Kwikfit Oil before the body succumbed to rust. The replacement 740 gets the same treatment. I did ask once what they use, but I've forgotten. I would imagine it's the cheapest stuff going though, not designed to go past the recommended change date if you know what I mean.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

LOL - priceless !!!!!

Reply to
Stuart Gray

we did try and argue that it was her fault because she had enticed us out with cups of tea...and hence we weren't able to scurry under the car quick enough to re-position the potty once we realised what the wind was doing. Out first instincts had been just to protect the plate of biscuits from the gale........

Reply to
Johnnie