Towbar update

I called Sheffield Towsure, said my 77GT Celica was too old but game me the name of a firm to call. I did, but forget the name, £99 + VAT, takes a month but thats no problem.

Healthwise i think it will be a struggle to fit, how many hours and wht sort of cost should i be looking at to pay someone?

Also i will need to store it in my back garden, its the last of 5 houses so i have to get it past the rear of them, its a 4 berth and looking at a simular sized trailer (not seen mine yet) its too wide, but standing on end would be fine. Im thinking of some sort of dolley. The guy at the end has just made is own trailer to tow, nice thing so im sure i can ask him to make one. How much would you say?

thanks.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Without knowing exactly how much of a bastard it's going to be undoing the

30-year old bolts and faffing with the 30-year old japanese boot floor, it *shouldn't* take more than an hour or two, including the wiring.

What cost? I dunno. It depends on how much they charge you per hour.

I don't know. Bit I think I might know a man who'd have a rough idea. He lives "at the end". Ask him. What's the worst that can happen?

Reply to
Adrian

I know the wiring is a pig on the car, if i use the cig light the fuses blow etc etc. I had to wire the hrn up seperate along with the rad fan.

yeah i thought that as soon as i posted.........

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales ( snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

GET IT SORTED! Or buy a fire extinguisher.

Adding the towbar wiring won't be a big issue - at the most brutal, it's half a dozen scotchloks.

What fuse (fingers crossed) chaos that might initiate is a different story...

Reply to
Adrian

Yup carry one.

Its the fuse circuit to the rear brake lights. The previous owner really made a mess somewhere. Nothing really matches the manual.