Toy Estima - worth flogging for breaking? where?

My 1994 Toyota Estima Emina diseasel auto 4wd with aircon & bells & whistles has reached end of the road (turbo shot, not worth repair). I can get £150 from the breakers. Is it likely to fetch more sold for breaking and if so where: autotrader, ebay, one of the import car forums or what?

FWIW it's in Reading, and its MOT is good till about June.

Reply to
John Stumbles

If you break it yourself you've still the residual scrap to dispose of.

Reply to
1501

if it will drive someone home it's gotta be worth a punt on ebay for a week? tell the punters your reserve (above the scrap price which you can get "anytime") and why - wait and see... altho from experience there will probly be a certain "unwashed" aspect to some enquiries/offers...

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

... altho from experience there

I don't recall ever selling a car without receiving a couple of phone calls asking if I can drive it to Bradford for the prospective buyer to have a look at the car.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

can't be too careful these days mate innit?

i was initially amazed by the number and level of "cash offers with associated tall stories" being made to me (for a perfectly good 02 Toy corolla), by mobile phone or ebay message, all with crp feedback, all with no paypal account (cash so no need innit?). I turned them all down on the basis that if they couldn;t be bothered to even come and look at the car, then they would probly turn out to be drug money launderers or tyre kickers...goold ole little britain :>((

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message , John Stumbles writes

Write "Prius" on the back in fibre tip

... and flog it to Drivel

Reply to
geoff

In message ,

1501 writes

IIRC there is no longer a box to tick on the V5 for you to scrap it

Reply to
geoff

Toyota Estima Forum:

I've done this before with a Previa. Advertise it as breaking for spares, people will contact you about hard-to-get bits (some are surprising, like the dome nuts that hold the window catches on).

You clear out what you can, then the scrap men will still come and collect the shell as scrap prices are still quite good and it's a heavy car.

Reply to
asahartz