Toyota Avensis ignition switch

I suspect the ignition switch on my 1999 Avensis TD estate is on it's way out. When I go to start the vehicle the switch fails to operate sometimes unless I turn the key quickly. The problem is more noticeable when the inside of the car is hot than at other times.

There is no Haynes for the Toyota Avensis yet to refer to - the Haynes website refers to a manual becoming available this winter. Is this an easy job or will I have to resort to an expensive visit to the main dealer?

Reply to
Peter Balcombe

Came across this problem recently. It's a problem with the ECU or immobliliser. There is a delay sometimes before the engine will crank. This particular car has had the problem for over a year, but has never failed to start. If you want to fix it you'll probably need a dealer to read the ECU to see if any faults are logged.

John

Reply to
John

Reply to