Toyota Estima (Lucida?) towing electrics

'94 Toyota Estima (prolly applies to Lucida)

trying to hook up towbar electrics

doesn't seem to be a handy connector pre-wired for it :-(

anybody know where the main wiring loom to the rear lights goes, that I could pick up the connections from?

There seems to be bunch of stuff in the cavity on the offside below the windows that one can see when the rear light cluster's removed (including a red box - wonder what that's for?) But I don't want to spend time removing and risking damaging the trim if it's not there - I guess the other route it could go is along the roof.

Reply to
John Stumbles

In the good old days for 12n socket I would just scotchlok to the wires at one rear light cluster and wire across from the opposite indicator under the rear carpet

12S requires a bit more work as feeds need to come from the front of the car

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Evidence from 3 Previas (which I know is not quite the same) suggests connecting into the wiring to the rear light clusters. If you need a feed for power, ie twin electrics, then lifting the plastic trim along the edge of the carpets/sills on the passenger side gives a fairly easy route (the roof is _not_ easy!). The only tricky bit is along the boot/rear wing section; that large trim panel is a bit awkward to remove. You should find a convenient grommet in the front bulkhead on that side to pass the wiring through.

Reply to
asahartz