Toyota Yaris (Y Reg) - Key lost - Options?

As subject...

A friend came over for a night out and ended up losing her car key for a Y-reg Toyota Yaris.

She has a spare key - without the immobiliser chip, so could (once we get her home) actually get in / out of the car, and it could be used to cut a new key.

The real problem is with the immobiliser. Does anyone know whether an independant locksmith could supply and sync/program an key/immobiliser without reference to a working immobiliser chip?

Alternatively, are there any... alternatives?*

Regards

  • apart from the £300 that a Toyota dealer wants to look at the problem.
Reply to
Mike Dodd

Yes - if the locksmith has the right equipment it can be done but the equipment is very expensive.

A Toyata garage could do it but I bet that would be even more expensive!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

If there is no further assistance from here, maybe you'd like to post your question to the Toyota Owners Club members' forum:

use the Search facility there (top Rt. corner), using, e.g."+immobiliser+key".

Reply to
Lin Chung