Transit clutch release bearing rattle

I have a lod rattle from, I assume, the clutch release bearing on my 91 Transit, light pressure on the clutch stops it as does taking it to high revs. The clutch was replaced a few thousand miles ago by a kwik-fit type place and I specifically asked for the bearing to be replaced to be told it's "all the same thing".

Is it the release bearing, is it likely to fail soon and was it really "all the same thing" or could they have changed the clutch without the bearing?.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

The release bearing comes as part of the clutch kit, so it's unlikely they didn't change it.

But given it's a transit, I'd place my bet on it being something loose underneath.

Reply to
M Cuthill

Could be the input shaft bearings.

Reply to
Conor

Is there eny way to tell which it is without separating the gear box from the engine, and if it's the box are we talking about a re-con item or is there any cheaper fix 'cos the van isn't worth it!.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Scrapyard replacement...about =A330-ish.

--=20 Conor Sig under construction. Please check back when Duke Nukem Forever ships=20 and/or Windows Vista is released.

Cashback on online purchases:

Conor