Travel Tax

The idea of tracking every vehicle at all times is sinister and wrong. Road pricing is already here with the high level of taxation on fuel. The more you travel - the more tax you pay.

It will be an unfair tax on those who live apart from families and poorer people who will not be able to afford the high monthly costs.

Please Mr Blair - forget about road pricing and concentrate on improving our roads to reduce congestion.

click on the link below to add your name to the petition against this proposed tax

crawfie

Correct, but this doesn't make people use one road more than another or stop them using roads during congested periods.

Wrong. Provided the new tax replaces fuel tax and is not just in addition to it then many people will be better off if they use the roads at the right time.

Apart from some tweaks and improvements here and there, building new roads simply delays the day when they will be filled up again. Over the years we have had many new roads, and where has that got us?

No, don't.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham