Two boxes on a lampost?

Two boxes (cameras?) just appeared on a lampost - pointing down the road . Any idea what they are? Camera was at full zoom so would need a ladder to read the writing...

Geo

CCTV - standard ring of LEDs, you'll see a faint red glow in the dark.

What / who are they pointing at?

Reply to
Adrian C

Measuring height of vehicles before a low bridge?

Reply to
Eiron

Nothing in particular. On the offside of a road leaving the town for countryside. (no low bridges). Trawled through google images and found a better picture (and interesting text) here:-

Geo

Terrorist / metal theft surveillance

Reply to
Anon

or flytipping

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Your council (to whom you pay rates, so ask) is up to something.

What's the speed limit on the road? What's the history of fatal road accidents on it?

Adrian C

20mph - school about 1/4 mile away.

one in the 45 years I've been here.

Anyway the cameras have gone today. From their positioning, they were monitoring the road and the junction with our housing estate. I wonder if they have been monitoring the school crossing patrol on the corner to see if they can do without him...

Reply to
Geo
[...]

By 'they', I'm guessing your local council? If so, why not ask them?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

No idea who "they" are - but on the suggestion that a council is responsibly we emailed our local bloke yesterday but have not had a reply yet. He is SNP so may be busy just now... We used to have a town council and a town hall in the high street. Now I think we are a "ward" and the bureaucrats roost in another town miles away.

Reply to
Geo