tyre safety month

just put in your vehicle registration number in & it will come up with what your tyre pressures should be.

reg

Good idea but they quoted the wrong tyre size and pressures for my Vitara.

Reply to
4x4v6

Yup, got my front pressures a full 12psi out.

Reply to
Iridium

Oh, and seemed to suggest that my rear tyres should be the same size as my fronts heh...

Reply to
Iridium

That is probably correct because the web sites FAQ page says it all:-

Q. How can I find out the correct pressure fro my tyres? A. The car manufacturers handbook does contain this information and at many tyre retailers they will have a pressure chart to consult. Failing that contact with the tyre manufacturer will provide the information.

No mention of using their own checker ;-)

Gio

Reply to
Gio

Iridium ( snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Heh. You wanna try feeding it something it doesn't know about...

Registration: xxx999x (Real plate used, but obviously not a car in it's DB)

Make: version='1.0' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION Model: ersion='1.0' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION Colour: rsion='1.0' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION Tyre Size Front (BAR) Front (PSI) Rear (BAR) Rear (PSI) ion='1.0' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION '1.0' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION 0 PSI ' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION 0 PSI

Reply to
Adrian

Sounds like my Capri, Adrian. Apparently we run on "run flat tyres", literally.

Reply to
Conor

Great, it quotes the WRONG sizes of tyres on a Vauxhall. They are not

185/65 they are 190/60. It's the same inaccurate database being used by KwikFit and others.
Reply to
Don

I'm all disappointed - it coped with my car fine :-)

(I suppose in the 16 or so years since it was built, they've had a chance to enter the data properly...)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

only worked for 2 of my fleet !!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

My Freelander has turned into a Merc C class!

Reply to
Dieseldes

I broke it. All entries returned as "'1.0' standalone='yes' ?> 00840388NO DATA AVAILABLE FOR THIS TRANSACTION"

Reply to
Elder

Conor (conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I'm _really_ surprised it crapped out on something as common as a Crapi. Having a rummage through some old plates, it craps out on the A-reg Cavalier my dad used to have, too.

What a pile of crap. (The site? The Cav? Both?)

Reply to
Adrian

Don ( snipped-for-privacy@demon3.co.ik) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, they're not, unless they're TRXs. All normal radials are sized in 10mm intervals, xx5mm nominal tread width.

Reply to
Adrian

Dieseldes ( snipped-for-privacy@orange.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Private plate?

Reply to
Adrian

Yup, that's what I got for my Riley!

Reply to
asahartz

It doesn't like commercials. I got the same for various light commercials I own/have owned.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

No normal R plate as issued by dvla when car was new 9 years ago,

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

Oh dear......

version='1.0' ?> MR02 6 Fatal mainframe error detected (MOO)( VTAMRC=000000 MARSRC=00M00U) Model: ersion='1.0' ?> MR02 6 Fatal mainframe error detected (MOO)( VTAMRC=000000 MARSRC=00M00U) MR02 6 Fatal mainframe error detected (MOO)( VTAMRC=000000 MARSRC=00M00U) Colour: rsion='1.0' ?> MR02 6 Fatal mainframe error detected (MOO)( VTAMRC=000000 MARSRC=00M00U)

'Fatal mainframe error detected' oops!

Reply to
SimonJ

SimonJ ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How d'you do that? I only broke it a little bit compared to that...

Reply to
Adrian