tyres - flat spot????

Just put a set of 15" alloy wheels/tyres onto my car (195/50 profile) rather than normal 13" steel wheels. The alloys/tyres had been stored for about a month standing up which I assumed would not be a problem . . .but it seems that one of them has developed a flat spot. Is this a problem apart from the noise and no vibration that i can feel. I can't see the flat bit (apart from the one at the bottom on the ground of course!). Should I just keep on driving and hope that it'll even out? Virtually all of my driving is local and limited to 40mph cos of those nice speed camera things.

Thanks for any sensible ideas folks.

Reply to
Max the Axe

More likely is that one of them is out of balance. Tyres don't get flat spotted by standing up for a month.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

The message from "shazzbat" contains these words:

Certainly not under their own weight.

Reply to
Guy King

The original Pirelli Cinturato HS I had on a P6 certainly did after only a few days. But disappeared after the tyres warmed up a bit. But they were textile radials and I'd say such types are rare these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)