Update on the Shafted Mondeo Driveshaft

Hi to all who helped out with my long, rambling post about the shafted driveshaft incident on my old Mondeo (the Mk.II 2.0 Zetec Ghia X).

I just banged on the new (non-Ford) driveshaft this afternoon, as per the recommendations of the group. The car now drives beautifully again - a good fix for £110. The manufacturer of the new shaft is "Drivelink".

Anyhow, I dismantled the inner CV joint on the old shaft out of curiosity. Sure enough, one of the rollers had come off the tripod, and was lodged deep in the grease. Annoyingly, the joint actually looked OK, and when I replaced the roller into position, it was perfectly solid, with no play at all. Seemingly, I could have re-used this old shaft, but the job is done now.

At least I'll get a £30 rebate on the old shaft. Car drives beautifully now - seems a pity to flog it, but as I now have the sexy new 2.2 TDCi (complete with 'Goosed' Satellite Navigation System) then I suppose it has to go.

What do folks think I'll get for this one - 1997 Ghia X, 146,000 miles, absolutely mint condition. Fully serviced by myself since 20K, Juice Green in colour, truffle leather interior.

S'pose it's gotta be AutoTrader or eBay....!

Cheers

Al

Reply to
Alan Dempster

I remember my old MK2 Mondeo going through 4 sets of outer cv joints in 2 yrs & then found out the cause was the wife bumping the car up kerbs whilst parking

According to Glass's; 97P Mondeo 2.0 Ghia X with 146k is worth approx £525 Trade (inc leather & met paint)

Might be worth more on eBay if you can prove the SH as one sold for £1420 with 74k & FFSH upto 57k (Item number: 4640324527)

Reply to
A C

put up the link for eBay perhaps someone will buy it from here anyway :)

Reply to
dojj