Urgent - Ford Ka Hub torque.

Can someone (maybe with a Ford Ka Haynes manual) tell me the torque setting for the rear hub retaining nut. (The big one in the middle of the hub)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Reply to
toad_oftoadhall

235NM
Reply to
SimonJ

Sounds good.

Was about to say 350Nm, but that's a transit rear hub nut :-/ Certainly 235Nm sounds about right.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

How many grunts is that?

Reply to
SteveH

About 1.7 kilogrunts. Broadly equivalent to tightening up with all available arm-muscle power using a breaker bar, then putting a bit of scaffold pole over the breaker bar and jumping on it twice, once for the torque, one to nip it up a bit more.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The message from "AstraVanMan" contains these words:

Only if you're a real wimp. It's 173ftlbs, which if you're using a 2' breaker bar is only a little under 90lbs. That's way way less than standing on it, let alone jumping on it, unless you only weigh about as much as an averageish twelve year old.

Reply to
Guy King

four and a fart.

Reply to
PC Paul

Thanks Simon. That info saved me having to leave the job unfinished 'till Halfords opened today. Effectively saved me half my Sunday.

I owe you.

Reply to
toad_oftoadhall