Valve spring compressor recommendation?

I'll be taking the valves out of my Audi/Skoda 20v head soon, so will need a new spring compressor to take them out. Is there a 'spring compressor' of choice nowadays, or should I just get whatever the local tool shop has in stock? Thanks Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

[www_machinemart_co_uk] I have one that is similar in design to the one in the link above. Worked well on the few heads I've worked on.

Several Co's seem to sell similar ones. Mine, IIRC is a Draper and I paid about £25 for it, so maybe it's slightly better quality than the Machine Mart one, but I'm sure the MM one will do the job, and it's quite a bit cheaper. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Yes, that's the sort of thing I was looking at, Machine Mart have a better quality one as well, with a screw threaded tightener, so i may go for that one, similar to the one I have now, but a lot bigger, with changeable head pieces. It'll be less than half the price of 5 valves - £63 inc.post, so I'm glad it wasnt all 20 valves bent. Ta Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee